Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Move Music Directly From iTunes to Your Blackberry Pearl

Blackberry pearl is considered to be the smartest phone is one of the world’s smallest and packs all of the command of BlackBerry. It is available with the digital camera, and various multimedia capabilities and flexible memory. It offers what all you will expect from a smart phone like email, browsing, messaging and MMS, organizer applications and many more.



The BlackBerry Pearl also provides you with the network support so that you can allow for international roaming to certain places like. The BlackBerry Pearl is small in size and you can carry it anywhere with ease. It’s a significant mishmash of technology and beauty. It is Small, smart and also stylish.

Move Music Directly From iTunes to Your Blackberry Pearl - by Paul Herrington


When I first bought my Blackberry Pearl, not knowing better, I loaded up Roxio Media Manager and attempted to transfer my songs from my PC to my new phone. I quickly found out the Roxio software was slow and didn't keep all the artist and song information I put into iTunes. So, when my wife finally got her Blackberry Pearl, I warned her about not using Roxio.


I guess I'm not a very good teacher because my wife didn't really understand. Even though I had told her there was a very easy way of transferring the music using Windows Explorer, she didn't get it. What I thought was a mistake on her part turned out to be a great discovery. I learned something and I'm sure most other Blackberry Pearl users will learn from this as well.

Transfer Directly From iTunes to Your Blackberry Pearl.

This was a departure from what I thought was the best way to move my music to my Pearl. I had always opened two Explorer windows and transferred the music from my iTunes directory over to my Blackberry Pearl folder. Instead, my wife only opened one Explorer window and then opened up iTunes. That's when I saw her click and drag music directly from the iTunes program to the Blackberry Pearl folder.


You can even use the great search and sort capabilities of iTunes to narrow your music down to exactly what you want. Then you can just select everything in your search results window and move it over in one easy step.

What's cool is, I created a new playlist called "Blackberry Pearl". This makes it very easy for me to drag whatever media I want into this playlist and it's ready to go the next time I connect with my Peal.

If you click on the Blackberry Pearl playlist, all of the songs you want on your phone will be all on one page. It's easy to select them all and drag them over to the Blackberry folder in Windows Explorer.
Note, you are not able to select and drag the playlist, only the songs. But you can select all the songs at once. As Windows attempts to move the songs over, it will warn you of duplicates. When it asks if you want to replace the duplicate, click no to all. It's just very similar to a one-way sync.


I never realized you could do this. It's so simple and it will even keep all of your Artist, Album and Genre information in tact. Again, I tried to grab a playlist and move that over, but it won't work. You'll still have to create those on your Blackberry Pearl once you've uploaded your songs, but its very simple.


As for now, enjoy the drag and drop transfers from iTunes to your Blackberry Pearl. Oh, and now my wife gets to claim bragging rights for teaching her techno-geek husband how to do something on his Blackberry Pearl. Humbling to say the least, since shes not really that technologically inclined.

Paul Herrington frequently writes about the Blackberry Pearl and loves to help people maximize their use of Blackberry iTunes syncing.


Information Appliance Associates has released pearlTunes, the first ever tool to take unlicensed music in the Windows version of Apple iTunes and automatically copy and convert it to RIM's new BlackBerry Pearl. pearlTunes copies MP3s and other unprotected digital music from selected playlists in iTunes to the microSD memory card in the user's BlackBerry Pearl.
This allows the user to copy just their favorite selections to their smartphone.

"One of the great things about the new BlackBerry Pearl is its ability to integrate multimedia into the existing BlackBerry form factor," said said Terence Goggin, CTO of Information Appliance Associates. "So many users are going to fall in love with the ability to carry the music they listen to on their iTunes with them on the BlackBerry Pearl. This is a really exciting merging of two worlds." pearlTunes sells for $9.95 on the Information Appliance Associates web site.
-Blackberry Pearl Accessory -

No comments: